Thursday, June 9, 2011

Choice of Music

Maybe it's because of my Chinese background,  I don't enjoy western music as much as the people who grow up here. There are so many more different types of music here than H.K. After living in the U.S. for more than 10 years, I guess I'm used to some of them, like: country music, some soft hits, but I still prefer listening to songs which sang by the Hong Kong Singers I like.

I have only about 600 songs in my Ipod (mostly Chinese songs) which I only listen to it in the shower or when I'm alone in the car. I tried to share my music with my children, but every time I play it Jathan tells me it gives him a headache. On the other hand, the kids LOVE Daddy's music. They especially love the Beastie Boy and THE AQUABATS which I don't care for it much but it doesn't brother me.

Couple days ago, Aunt Kelli made the kids their own CDs and they were just SO excited. I don't mind the CD except there's a bee song that I just absolutely hate. I am NOT a fan of rap song at all and the thought of my kids listening and enjoying rap, it is too much for me to handle. (you should see the way Jathan danced when they were listening to it) I know I will have a hard time with my kids' music when they are older, never thought I have to deal with it now when they are only 5 and 3.

Here is the Aggressive Bee song, let me know if I'm the only one HATE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment