Friday, January 20, 2012

How can you be mad at this face!

On my 35th week check up, we found out that Polly was breaching, and the doctor said I would be having cesarean if she stayed that way. I really didn't want a c-section! Being on a surgical table getting cut open wasn't the ideal thing for me. As a family, we were praying so hard that baby would turn and I tried many methods to turn her (including laying up side down and putting large frozen item on my belly), but it didn't seem to work.
 As the due day approaching, I was afraid I don't have an option but having a c-section. My doctor told us that we could wait for her to turn or he could try to turn her. Since we have to drive about an hour to go to the hospital, we decided to schedule an induction on Dec 16 and the doctor would try to turn her when we get to the hospital. I still had to go in the day before to see if the stinker has decided to turn on her own.
Before going to my last appointment with the doc, I already knew she hasn't turn. Because her head was right there by my belly button( for the past three weeks), I was just hoping my doctor would be able to turn her the next day. I told the doc at my appointment that she hasn't moved, and he confirmed that. In my heart I was getting a little upset with the baby because she was being a stinker, and I most likely going to have a c-section. My doctor was still checking her heart beat and everything, suddenly he switched the ultrasound to the 4D ultrasound(the one you can see the face and everything). I saw her little face with a smile.
It was amazing, it was like she knew I was mad at her and she just smiled at me to make me feel better. My heart was just melted. How can anyone be mad at this cute face???
The morning before we went to the hospital, Jeff gave me a blessing and prayed for a smooth delivery. After the blessing, Jeff and I both knew that I was going to have a c-section, I was a little nervous but I knew baby and I would be okay. My doctor couldn't turn her and I did have a c-section (it really sucks!!!), but we were so glad that we didn't wait for her to turn herself. As the doctor got the baby out, he told us the umbilical cord was wrap around her. So if we have waited, it could do some damages, plus she could be a 9 lbs baby!

Polly Kay Carlson
8lbs 6oz
21inches
 Isn't she just prefect? Well, she is to me! =)

1 comment:

  1. That really sucks that you had to have a c-section. You've experienced all types of child birth. That picture of her smiling is so cute! I'm glad everything turned out ok in the end. Your family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete