Thursday, August 22, 2013

Summer comes and gone

Where did summer go?? I can't believe school starts in FIVE days!!! Summer is always fun, but I'm ready for my kiddos to start school. Almost three months of doing nothing doesn't go well with me, I like them to learn and interact with friends, and I think they enjoy that much better than just hanging out with mom.
We celebrated our 11th anniversary by going on a three days two nights trip to Vegas without kids (thanks to my in-laws). We had never gone on a trip like these, the only two times I left my babies overnight were the time I was giving birth to Brianne and Polly. Although it was fun, I was ready to be a mom again after being away for two nights. Polly was so happy to see her mommy, and would not leave me out of her sight for awhile.

 And Jeff managed to surprise me with this handmade cabinet as my anniversary gift, seriously the picture doesn't do justice, it is so beautiful!!

Po Po was here with us for couple weeks in July, the kids was so excited to see her, especially Polly. Jathan and Brianne knew PoPo was just visiting us, but Polly didn't know any better, everyday she would look for Po Po and call for her about 100 times. The morning Po Po left, Polly was going into every room looking for her, then she looked at me sadly and said:"uh-o, Po Po all gone." I hope we will see her again soon.

 We went camping couple times over the summer, the kiddos love it. Jathan was very eager to help building fire and did get burned, I guess that's part of the process. When I asked the kids what is their favorite part of camping, "S'mores!" they are screamed! That's what I thought they would say. =)
 We were at Strawberry Reservoir to do a little fishing, It was too bad that they didn't catch any fish, but the kids were very happy just playing with the seaweed by the shore. I didn't plan on Jathan to jump into the water, or else I would bring some swimming gear. After he got into the water, everyone wanted to jump in as well, including Polly. Jeff has to hold on to her so tightly or she would be swimming with Jathan. That was a fun day!

Look at Cute little Thomas! Well, he is not that little. He is ten months younger than Polly but his thigh is twice as big....haha!! maybe not twice, but they are very big! Matt and Amanda sure have some cute boys, I hope they will have a girl soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment